iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Senior Network Security Architect Go Back
iON United has been protecting the brands you know since 2003. A privately owned, full-service security assessor, integrator, infrastructure support and management facilitator that has emerged into one of the most trusted names in network security in Western Canada. Recognized by Profit Magazine as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, iON continues to build and support a customer community on the leading edge of technology. iON’s commitment to cultivating a culture of performance and accountability has earned a renowned reputation and continues to attract Canada’s best talent while working alongside the nation’s top clients.
As the Senior Network Security Architect, you will be a lead member of the iON Service Delivery team that is responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance the security posture and technological efficiencies for our clients.
- Designing and implementing security and complex networking solutions including Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet), Next Generation IPS, wired/wireless/remote access VPN access control, DMVPN, DNSlayer security, web content filtering, zero-trust network segmentation, and endpoint protection
- PAN certification required – PCNSE
- Fortinet certification would be an asset
- Cloud Security certifications – AWS, Azure, or GCP would be an asset
- Cisco certifications – would be an asset
- Exposure to some or all of these technology sets:
- Palo Alto Networks NGFW, Palo Alto Networks Panorama, Prisma, Cortex
- Fortinet product experience would be an asset
- Cisco and Aruba product experience would be an asset
- ICS/OT and IoT experience would be an asset
- Implementing security and network infrastructure changes to ensure consistency with overall design/architecture
- Establishing enterprise Cyber Security, LAN and WAN standards, processes, procedures, and documentation
- Providing consultation into technical needs, requirements, and cyber security infrastructure design
- Designing and providing technical insight in the implementation of capacity, availability, and performance monitoring
- Providing technical leadership and insight to develop secure network environments that reflect business needs
- Providing high level network troubleshooting, mentoring, and support to team as required on project related issues
- Assist in developing Statements of Work, RFP responses, and customer facing presentations for secure network and unified communications solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to work in a high stress environment and experience doing problem management and handling multiple simultaneous tasks
- A team player, self-motivated, and able to self-manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- A strong desire to learn and recommend new upcoming technologies
- 10+ years’ experience leading the design and build of Cyber Security capabilities and complex Network Infrastructures.
- Understand the technology architecture, design and implementation of endpoint and perimeter protection technologies
- Be up to date on industry trends around cyber risk and data protection practices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Cybersecurity industry including awareness of new of revised security solutions, processes, and development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Have an understanding of iON’s service offerings as well as iON’s i1 technologies.
- Critical Thinking – Actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.
- Conflict Resolution – The ability to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement.
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and concretely in writing and verbally in a positive manner to foster the sharing of knowledge.
- Active Listening – The ability to keep you engaged with your conversation partner in a positive way. The process of listening attentively while someone else speaks, paraphrasing and reflecting what is said, and withholding judgment and advice.
iON has a mandatory vaccination policy for new employees and contingent workers that requires you to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine against COVID-19.
As a requirement of this position the successful candidate must satisfy and receive clear results for a Criminal Record Check.