iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Senior Network Architect Go Back
iON United Inc. is one of Canada’s most trusted cybersecurity solution providers. Founded in 2003, our experienced team delivers best-in-class advisory, technology, and managed services for securing IT, OT, and cloud environments. With consecutive year-over-year growth, we foster meaningful relationships through meaningful work by helping organizations make informed risk management decisions. Recognized for growth by Canadian Business magazine six times and The Globe and Mail in 2021, we continue to build and support a customer community on the leading edge of technology. Cultivating a culture of performance and accountability has earned us a renowned reputation and continues to attract Canada’s best talent to work alongside the nation’s top clients. Our focus on cybersecurity allows the organizations we partner with to maintain their focus on growing their business, We Protect the Brands You Know.™
As Senior Network Architect, you will be a key member of the iON Service Delivery team that is responsible for helping our clients architect and implement network and security solutions to enhance their security posture and create technological efficiencies.
- Designing and implementing complex cybersecurity and networking solutions including routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, remote access, access control, DMVPN, zero-trust network concepts, and endpoint protection
- Experience in OT (industrial control system) environments
- Exposure to some or all of these technology sets:
- Palo Alto Networks Strata and Prisma
- Cisco route/switch and security including Firepower, ISE, DNA etc.
- Palo Alto and Cisco certifications are desired
- Other cybersecurity, network, and cloud security experience and certifications is an asset
- Implementing security and network infrastructure changes to ensure consistency with overall design/architecture
- Establishing enterprise Cyber Security, LAN and WAN standards, processes, procedures, and documentation
- Providing consultation into technical needs, requirements, and cyber security infrastructure design
- Designing and providing technical insight in the implementation of capacity, availability, and performance monitoring
- Providing technical leadership and insight to develop secure network environments that reflect business needs
- Providing high level network troubleshooting, mentoring, and support to team as required on project related issues
- Creating, documenting, and presenting complex network/security solution architecture
- Providing expert guidance in the context of our customers’ business to help them develop and maintain their short and long-term roadmap
- Assist in developing Statements of Work, RFP responses, and customer facing presentations for secure network solutions
- Excellent inter-personal and written and oral communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to break down and solve complex problems
- Strong foundational knowledge with the ability to quickly adopt adjacent technologies and products
- Able to work in a high stress environment, experience doing problem management, and handling multiple simultaneous tasks
- A team player, self-starter, and able to self-manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- A strong desire to learn and recommend new upcoming technologies
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience leading the design and build of Cyber Security capabilities and complex Network Infrastructures
- Strong understanding of foundational network concepts
- Understand the technology, architecture, design, and implementation network and cybersecurity solutions in enterprise IT and OT environments
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the cybersecurity industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, processes, and new attacks and threat vectors
- Maintain the ability to provide high-level guidance to customers across the full breadth of iON’s product and service offerings
- Experience in other IT and cybersecurity disciplines including endpoint, identity, cloud, monitoring/visibility, vulnerability management, etc is an asset
- Critical Thinking –Conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information to guide day to day actions
- Conflict Resolution – The ability to find a peaceful solution to a disagreement
- Communication – The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and concretely in writing and verbally in a positive manner
- Active Listening –The process of listening attentively while someone else speaks, paraphrasing and reflecting what is said, and withholding judgment and advice
- Problem Solving – Breaking complex problems down into smaller parts and identifying solutions both independently and working with others. Help and guide others in doing the same.
- iON has a mandatory vaccination policy for new employees and contingent workers that requires you to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine against COVID-19.