iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Security Consultant, Penetration Tester Go Back
iON United Inc. is one of Canada’s most trusted cybersecurity solution providers. Founded in 2003, our experienced team delivers best-in-class advisory, technology, and managed services for securing IT, OT, and cloud environments. With consecutive year-over-year growth, we foster meaningful relationships through meaningful work by helping organizations make informed risk management decisions. Recognized for growth by Canadian Business magazine six times and The Globe and Mail in 2021, we continue to build and support a customer community on the leading edge of technology. Cultivating a culture of performance and accountability has earned us a renowned reputation and continues to attract Canada’s best talent to work alongside the nation’s top clients. Our focus on cybersecurity allows the organizations we partner with to maintain their focus on growing their business, We Protect the Brands You Know.™
iON Security Consultants are a key part of the iON team, responsible for designing, implementing, configuring, managing, supporting, and troubleshooting various security solutions provided by the company. The successful candidate will provide security expertise, technical acumen, and customer service skills as a member of a team delivering security products and services to our customers.
The IT Security Consultant will be involved in projects, managed service, and support activities as required by iON customers. As an IT Security Consultant, you will use your security and technical knowledge in the context of our customer’s business requirements to provide an exceptional level of service, helping them to benefit from our solutions and improve their overall security posture. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of security technologies on multiple projects in diverse customer environments ranging from mid-sized organizations to large enterprise environments. You will be a part of a dynamic team that uses expert knowledge to solve the problems of our varied customers and help ensure their security.
- Assess client information technology projects, initiatives, and environments for security vulnerabilities and risks by scoping, preparing, and conducting penetration tests, and vulnerability and security assessments
- Demonstrate the likelihood of data compromises via ‘proof of concept’ exploration
- Act as a technical advisor to iON clients for remediating and mitigating security risks
- Remain current on newly evolving threats to information systems, and find opportunities to reduce risks posed by these new threats for iON clients
- Provide thorough findings and recommendations for iON’s clients for remediation and mitigating security risks
Professional Qualifications and Expertise – preference will be given to candidates who have
- At least 2 years of previous experience in penetration testing and/or incident response
- One or more relevant certifications (CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, etc.)
- Windows system administration experience
- Network and Security Operations experience
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.
- Proficient in one or more programming or scripting languages
- Practical experience with Windows and Linux, Wireshark/TCPDump, Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (English)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF), CIS Critical Security Controls, and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
- Experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous devices
- Previous experience in incident response
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, scoping, containing, and eradicating real-world threats
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving / analytics skillset
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a high-demand environment
- Knowledge of the latest attack trends, tools, and the threat landscape
- Experience evaluating and assessing risk
- Understanding of common web and system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) skillset is an asset
- Ability to work from home in an iON approved home office
- Background check
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Effective communicator of technical and business information, both verbal and written
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service
- Time management
- Motivated to learn and grow, able to learn new technologies
- Ability to assess risk and identify threats
- Vendor or industry certifications are an asset
- Own a vehicle and the ability to drive to client sites as required
- iON has a mandatory vaccination policy for new employees and contingent workers that requires you to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine against COVID-19.
- As a requirement of this position the successful candidate must satisfy and receive clear results for a Criminal Record Check.