iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Security Consultant – Firewall Go Back
iON Security Consultants are a key part of the iON team, responsible for designing, implementing, configuring, managing, supporting and troubleshooting various security solutions provided by the company. The successful candidate will provide security expertise, technical acumen and customer service skills as a member of a team delivering security products and services to our customers.
The IT Security Consultant will be involved in projects, managed service and support activities as required by iON customers. As an IT Security Consultant, you will use your security and technical knowledge in the context of our customers’ business requirements to provide an exceptional level of service, helping them to benefit from our solutions and improve their overall security posture. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of security technologies on multiple projects in diverse customer environments ranging from mid-size organizations to large enterprise environments. You will be a part of a dynamic team that uses expert knowledge to solve the problems of our varied customers and help ensure their security.
- Design, implement and support security solutions using technology from multiple vendors
- Requirements analysis and solution design considering best practices and industry standard guidelines
- Develop documentation including proposed design, detailed procedures, playbooks, operational metrics reports and as-built documentation
- Assess existing environments and recommend improvements and remediation
- Respond to and appropriately addresses support calls, incidents and requests
- On occasion, be available for after-hours assistance and project work
Professional Qualifications and Expertise:
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT security operations / implementation using a variety of security technologies
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP and network fundamentals
- Extensive hands-on experience installing and operating firewalls and related technologies such as VPN, SSL, content inspection and threat detection/prevention
- Experience with technologies to include Palo Alto, f5 and CheckPoint, with strong focus on Palo Alto
- Palo Alto PCNSE certification is highly desirable
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, and load balancing
- Ability to identify customer requirements, recommend architecture and design and implement security solutions
- Knowledge of security frameworks and standards such as NIST, CSC 20, ISO 27001 etc.
- Security assessment, vulnerability assessment and penetration testing skills are an asset
- Virtualization and cloud skillset in a security context is also desirable
- Familiarity with other security concepts such as AAA, identity and SSO
- Ability to work from home in an iON approved home office
- Background check
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Effective communicator of technical and business information, both verbal and written
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Strong customer service
- Motivated to learn and grow, able to learn new technologies
- Ability to assess risk and identify threats
- Can mentor and assist junior staff members
- Vendor or industry certifications are an asset
- Own a vehicle and the ability to drive to client sites as required