iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Network Security Specialist Go Back
You will be a key member of the Network Security team that will be responsible for architecting, testing, implementing, managing, and supporting our clients’ network infrastructure. You will work on a cross-functional team to troubleshoot, support client services, deploy, and integrate network infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, test and operationalize secure network architecture on enterprise projects
- Develop, implement, and maintain documentation, procedures, and associated training for administration and disaster recovery of network Infrastructure.
- Continue to learn and investigate ways to architect, implement, and operate, secure, scalable, and performant networks.
- Support the enhancement of network automation and monitoring strategies
- Ensure compliance with security practices and guidelines, and relevant technology standards
- Provide input to IT leadership on both short and long-term network portfolio planning to enable the achievement of business strategy
- Partner with customers and the business and to align IT deliverables in support of their goals including better business enablement
- Identify the need for, review, and approve service improvement plans to address endemic issues
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships, and facilitate effective communications and collaboration between vendors, technical teams, partners, and the business to ensure on target delivery
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience leading the architecture, design and implementation of complex network infrastructures.
- You have a Palo Alto Networks PCNSE certification or are working to achieve it.
- You have a CCNP certification or are working to achieve it.
- Minimum 5 years extensive hands-on and working knowledge in designing, implementing, and configuring Cisco network infrastructure including routing and switching, Remote Access VPN, DMVPN, and Wireless
- Expert-level experience designing, implementing, and supporting TCP/IP networks in a multi-WAN, multi-vendor, multi-protocol (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) environment on large enterprise networks
- Expertise across all levels of the OSI stack.
- Working Knowledge of network monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds, WhatsUP Gold, and Cisco Prime
- Network troubleshooting, performance tuning, and able to listen, analyze the root cause of issues.
- Knowledge of VoIP and video conferencing infrastructure in CUCM, CCME, SRST, Tandberg and Polycom would be beneficial
- Strong network security background including network segmentation and DMZ architecture, design, and implementation
- Experience with Meraki and Cisco Wireless would be beneficial
- Experience with the Ekakau Wireless site survey tool would be beneficial
- Building Secure networks with Palo Alto, and ASA firewalls and experience with Panorama network security management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to work in a high stress environment and experience problem solving and handle multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to mentor and communicate with others
- A team player, self-starter and able to self-manage and prioritize tasks and projects
- A strong desire to learn and recommend new upcoming technologies
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday