iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
IT Security Analyst Go Back
The IT Security Analyst is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-security services. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. The incumbent is also responsible for recording problems/solutions within the help desk call-tracking system.
The IT Security Analyst also performs changes and enhancements to client’s services with the support and direction from the technical team.
Additionally, the IT Security Analyst serves as an initial point of contact for internal iON IT support.
- Provide customer support through the helpdesk
- Trouble shoot and resolve end-user IT security issues
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication
- Perform weekly and monthly log analysis, archival, and signature updates on all relevant technologies and infrastructure
- Assist with investigating breaches when one occurs
- Install and use software, such as endpoint security and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information
- Document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Stay up to date on security news and disseminate new threat information to the team
- Stay well-informed about current industry trends, competitive analysis, with IT Security products and services
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff
- Help customers and iON staff when they need to install or learn about new security products and procedures
- Perform in-person and on-site repairs and improvements
- Diagnose and resolve network issues
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to the Technical Directors and/ or IT Security Specialists
- Assist the Technical Team by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues
- Accurately log work orders/help desk tickets and resolutions into help desk software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process
- Prioritize work orders/help desk tickets according to severity
- Conduct timely repair of IT Security products covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Use help desk log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
- Ability to diagnose problems, perform repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications
- Assist in the support and implementation of iON internal infrastructure
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player that is able to work under pressure
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language
- Be a great communicator both written and verbally
- Great analytical skills. Must carefully study computer systems and networks and investigate any irregularities to determine if the networks have been compromised
- Detail orientated. Must pay careful attention to customer environments and internal systems to watch for minor changes in performance as well as security
- Strong documentation skills, as they relate to IT specifically.
- Past IT Security experience is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a college or university degree preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
- 1 + years of direct work experience in an IT department, or as a network or systems administrator
- Security education or certifications is preferred
Experience with any or all of the below products would be an asset
- Palo Alto Networks
- Check Point
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.