iON is always on the lookout for talented individuals who excel at their craft.
Tell us about yourself to be added to our contractor placement or iON Team candidates list.
Financial Coordinator Go Back
iON United Inc. is one of Canada’s most trusted cybersecurity solution providers. Founded in 2003, our experienced team delivers best-in-class advisory, technology, and managed services for securing IT, OT, and cloud environments. With consecutive year-over-year growth, we foster meaningful relationships through meaningful work by helping organizations make informed risk management decisions. Recognized for growth by Canadian Business magazine six times and The Globe and Mail in 2021, we continue to build and support a customer community on the leading edge of technology. Cultivating a culture of performance and accountability has earned us a renowned reputation and continues to attract Canada’s best talent to work alongside the nation’s top clients. Our focus on cybersecurity allows the organizations we partner with to maintain their focus on growing their business, We Protect the Brands You Know.™
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Coordinator is a full-time position responsible to plan and oversee the iON day-to-day financial operations and activity. The Financial Coordinator will work to ensure long term profitable growth of the business while building new customer, community, and supplier relationships. The successful candidate for this role will be excited to learn every aspect of the business and will bring their own ideas for growth and evolution to the Operations and Finance department.
- Manage day-to-day processes of operations for the business subsequent to the delivery of customer quotes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of operational systems in reporting data used by the finance team including those systems used for supply chain, customer engagement, and accounting to ensure smooth day to day operations and data integrity.
- Manage company-wide administration across all departments to ensure that data inputs required are available between teams and ultimately complete for the finance team.
- Prepare and analyze financial and operational data to enable accurate reporting to the executive team.
- Evaluate and monitor internal controls to manage risk.
- Work with iON Managers to continuously streamline accounting functions and operations to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Work with all managers, to improve company profitability.
- Facilitate internal communications involving multiple teams for changes of process, recommendations, and solutions for complex financial and operational transactions, etc.
- Oversee financial data inputs, sales tax preparation, and accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results.
- Proactively manage deadlines for month end close, sales tax, and commission cut off.
- Be comfortable connecting with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Assist with onboarding new supplier, product, and customers within accounting and operational systems.
Professional Qualifications and Expertise
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a finance department with sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals, preferably in related industry
- Strong business acumen and able to interpret financial data.
- Strong leadership and ability to connect with and manage people to build a strong team and help people grow.
- Able to multitask by managing various operational systems.
- US tax experience is considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in accounting and customer relationship management software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple cost centres.
- Has a proven track record of leading people in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field is considered an asset.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce, Service Now, and Microsoft 365 is considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Customer service experience considered an asset.